Pages

Translate

Sunday 30 September 2012

a block, a daisy and a granny finds a home ...


This week is one that flew by so very quickly - I am very happy that I managed to finish block 3 of the throw - and here it is!


 
The pattern for the Krista throw was part of a Spotlight promotion and is accessible via the link: http://www.facebook.com/events/113761348749961/#!/Spotlightstores/app_371522569543043

 
Giving a granny ...
One of the practice blocks made in the beginning of this journey as part of the tension test found a new home this week. The teal coloured granny square is made in one of my favourite colours and when I saw that someone was making a blanket in support of a friend trying to quit smoking I knew that this little square would be finding a home soon.

To accompany it I thought a little daisy in the corner will be super cute - and set out to improvise the little flower. As you can see it took me a few trial runs to create a likeable daisy and I'm very happy with the end result and hope that it fills the receiver of the blanket joy every time they look at it!
 
Design a daisy ...
Select & attach a daisy ...
 
 
The final granny ...
 
 
I also setup a pintrest board this week and before long found that so many ideas and inspirations clipped there - highly addictive methinks. Spent quite a few hours just looking at pretty crochet pictures and clipping some pretty ones to the board. http://pinterest.com/goldenpixies/
In google and pinterst there is one pattern that keeps on popping up - it is a super cute amigurumi koala bear. With Christmas coming up soon and charities calling for toys I'll be trying my hand at making this little bear. Maybe I can even find someone who'll crochet along (CAL) with me and we can double the bear making efforts!
 
Thats me for this last day of September. Have a very good week - warm pixie smiles coming your way. xo
 
oOo

No comments:

Post a Comment