Pages

Translate

Sunday 4 November 2012

... Spring all around ~ Krista blocks 8 and 9 ~ Red Heart baby hat


Sunset over the bird sanctuary

I thought a nice brisk walk through the bird sanctuary would clear my head with the fresh spring air all around us.
 
As always there were a good selection of not only parrots, but also crickets and frogs - and a whoooole range of sounds I couldn't identify.
 
Then amongst all his nature the sun set slowly behind the trees as the birds quieting down. Here is a picture of the sun setting over the bird sanctuary.



Krista crochet blocks

On the crochet front I not only made the Krista block 8, but also block 9.
 
I'm really chuffed with how pretty the number 8 block came out - a different take on the granny square but its almost binary in the way the two sides contrast each other and build with each new row. I think I'll be making more of this one...
 
Krista block 8
 
 
 
Krista block 9 
 


The pattern to all the blocks in this throw (which are free) are at:
  
 
 
Baby hats - another free crochet pattern

I'm also looking for a nice pattern for baby hats to go towards charities over this festive season.
 
On the Red Heart website I found a lovely pattern called "One Ball Baby Blanket and Hat".
 
This little guy was so easy to make, and really fast - it only took about 20 minutes end to end. Add to that its such a cute hat and I think I'll take a larger crochet hook and make one for myself as well. 
 
 
 
That's my craft story this week - warm pixie smiles coming your way. xo
oOo

No comments:

Post a Comment